Monday 23 December 2013

We Belong Together Cover

I heard someone once say that when performing music, especially vocals, you have to pretty much not care about what you look like in order to really emote and connect with the song and, therefore, the audience. I know this to be true of myself when I play flute - my sister informed me a long time ago that I look like a "compete dork" when I'm playing. I think she was referring to my animated (and I'm sure pretty dorky) body movements and accompanying facial expressions. I never recorded myself playing so I have never actually seen this for myself - taping yourself is a whole other ballgame. I am still getting comfortable in front of the camera, but I think I've come a long way from when I started. I think it helps that I record alone in my room but I used to cringe watching playbacks in the beginning thinking "omg, do I really look like that"?! I've never thought anyone else performing looked weird. In fact, I always just thought that they were extra great because they were so into the music. It's funny the self-cringing phenomenon that occurs when you see or hear yourself for the first time (and I know I'm not alone in this), whether it be on an answering machine, tape recorder, or in my case, camcorder/YouTube/internet blog. Like I said a while back...go big or go home! 

Enjoy ma face friends :)



As always, thanks for the support!


1 comment: