Thursday 2 January 2014

Help! Low notes are hard...

**HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!**

I am so excited about this year and about leaving all of those yucky old negative things behind in 2013 - it's gonna be a good one.

Speaking of the new year, some of you may or may not have noticed that I did not in fact post a video of Jessie J's Who You Are which was the task that I originally set out on in my first post here. This is because, well...simply put, I ran out of time. I was delayed by about a month by basically everything around me breaking down (read about that here if you like). If it hadn't already been obvious to me at the beginning of all this, it is certainly now clear that I CANNOT control everything and this new found acceptance has been quite liberating (I think this is the first time in my life I've actually truly believed it). While there were indeed a few emotional breakdowns along the way (as predicted), I am happy to report that none of them were about this blog or stage freight - I have you all to thank for that. Your support has been amazing and I am grateful for it everyday.  

It is with this new Laissez-faire attitude that I have decided to correspondingly post-pone my goal by a month. In the meantime, I will continue to post videos. The video below is dedicated to my friend Mandi Taylor who I solely blame for the skip in my Lauryn Hill CD (never mind that it played on repeat in my car for all three years of law school)!

Also, if my vocally knowledgeable friends could provide me with some tips on hitting those low notes with more "oomph" I would really appreciate it!



As always, thanks for the support!

1 comment:

  1. Yayaya! Love when you sing this song! Good job Emma! Can't wait for more:)

    ReplyDelete